- Main Page for Campus Information
- Student Support Services
- Campus Hours
- GCC IDs
- Campus Safety & Security
- Food & Drink
- Student Study Areas
- Computer Labs
- Google Suite
Bookstore Textbook Rental due on Friday, May 22, 2020
This notice is to inform all that Rental Textbooks are now due. Although the GCC Campus remains closed, you may return your book rental within the time and place specified below.
To ensure the safety of all due to COVID-19, everyone entering the GCC Campus is required to wear a Face Mask and practice social distancing.
Rental books may be returned at Student Support Services - Building B in the Book Rental Drop Box by Friday, May 22, 2020 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
When entering campus, inform the Security Guard that you are returning your book. On your book(s), please attached a note on a piece of paper with your name, date, contact number, and GCC email so that we may update your record at the Bookstore. There is a book rental list at Building B’s counter, please check off or highlight your name on the list when your book is returned. *Special Note: If you return your textbook rental by next week, you will NOT be charged a late fee.
Need to purchase books for Summer 2020?
The GCC Bookstore will open on a limited schedule at this time and will only be accepting PRE-ORDERS VIA EMAIL for books/supplies/GCC clothing.
The Bookstore will be on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm for purchases and pick up of pre-orders only. If no pre-orders are made by 5 pm Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Bookstore will not open on May 27th.
To pre-order for the summer semester, please email your request 24 HOURS in advance to . Please include your Name, Student B00#, Book Order + Course # and Section along with form of payment to be used.
Please attach with your email:
· a copy of your most recent GCC ID or other valid identification
· a copy of your Summer 2020 Financial Aid Deferment Letter (PELL or VA). A summer 2020 award list has been provided to the Bookstore from the GCC Financial Aid Office.
· a copy of your Summer 2020 Course Schedule.
Bookstore personnel will make every effort to have these orders prepared for students provided that all information is complete. If you are unable to submit the required documents via email for advance orders, please be sure to bring these documents with you to the Bookstore (Electronic copies via smartphone also accepted at this time).
*If you don't have access to these documents or you did not receive your deferment letter due to COVID-19, please email the Bookstore & Financial Aid Office via email at & and include any other questions or concerns you may have.
No one is permitted to browse the Bookstore during this time and will not be allowed to enter other areas on campus to include the restrooms. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and adherence to these restrictions.
Thank you and stay safe.
GCC Bookstore Personnel
Documents required when purchasing/renting books at the GCC Bookstore
- Class Schedule
- GCC Student ID (Current Semester)
- Deferment Letter (Students with FAFSA, VA, Apprenticeship)
Bookstore Return Policy
- No Refunds will be processed if the textbook packaging is opened or damaged.
- A restocking fee will not be assessed if a textbook is returned within three (3) working days after purchase. Note: All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- A 30% restocking fee will be assessed if a textbook is returned after three (3) working days after purchase.
- The 30% restocking fee will be waived if classes are canceled by the Admissions Office.
- No returns will be accepted after the end of the second week of the current semester.
- Textbooks that are incomplete or missing pages need to be reported immediately. The GCC Bookstore staff makes the determination on a case-by-case basis
*Book Prices may be subject to change without prior notice.